Tuesday, April 12, 2011

*Angelina Jolie’s “The Style of Jolie” jewelry collection preview: lovely or tragic?*

wenn5252994

A couple of months ago, it was announced that Angelina Jolie was collaborating withjewelry designer Robert Procop on a jewelry line called… wait for it… The Style of Jolie. Now, you might say to yourself, “Hey, doesn’t Angelina wander around in burlap sack dresses most of the time? Is she really known for her fabulous taste in jewelry?”Exactly. While Angelina’s style choices - both in fashion and jewelry - can be hit or miss (to put it nicely), Angelina’s collaboration does have benefits. First of all, we all get to laugh at The Style of Jolie. Secondly, a percentage of the proceeds from The Style of Jolie will benefit one of Angelina’s charities, Education Partnership for Children of Conflict.
And now we have a preview! Oh, you will not believe how happy this has made me. The video preview has interviews with the men hosting this exhibition/auction/private sale event (I think?), and with Robert Procop, who says in part, “What we’re showing here is a collection that Angelina and I have been working on for the last nine months…Building not only a part of her style but real artistic forms using gemstones as the centerpiece. But our main mission is helping children in crisis by educating children around the world.” Here’s the video preview:


None of it is really my style, but then again, I don’t wear much jewelry. I like rings, and if I ever got my ears re-pierced (they grew over years ago), I would only wear smaller earrings. So much of this stuff looks way too big and too chunky for my tastes… and I generally don’t care for that much yellow gold. Much of it also seems rather dated, influenced by the jewelry styles of Angelina’s youth in the 1970s and 1980s. Is that an excess of topaz I spy? Yikes. But the emeralds are rather beautiful.
I think Angelina was wearing The Style of Jolie at The Tourist’s New York premiere last year - look at those earrings!
wenn5581285
wenn3130827
wenn5581524
wenn3144993

No comments:

Post a Comment